Subject: DecStation 5000/120 Troubles...
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James Alexander Jacocks <silence@wam.umd.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/01/1998 11:53:23
Someone said that they were looking into this, but I think that they got
too busy, so I guess I'll repost my question:

I have a DECStation 5000/120 32/1gb with CDROM.  I have a PMAGB-BA
framebuffer.  As I have come to understand it, the PMAGB-BA that I have
actually has the second oscillator that would normally be installed on a
PMAGB-BC.  Whenever I try to boot any version of NetBSD, the display goes
haywire.  (I.e. everything goes interlaced and moves slowly off the
screen)  I can read (sortof) the output enough to see that NetBSD is
actully booting, so the system doesn't crash.  However, it is _extremely_
difficult to use without the console. :)

I haven't tried the 1.3_release kernel, but I tried 1.2g and all the beta
kernels, and so for, no luck.  Any ideas?

J. Alexander Jacocks	Systems Administrator
			National Institutes of Health
			NIH/DCRT/CFB/EASS
silence@wam.umd.edu	alex_jacocks@nih.gov