Subject: Re: X11 problems on 5000/133
To: Peter Wallace <pcw@mesanet.com>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/30/1998 18:59:47
On Fri, 30 Jan 1998, Peter Wallace wrote:

> 	The problem I have now is that X seems unstable. If I run XDM. I
> get a reversed screen and a hang (I can still telnet in, but the
> keyboard on the Decstation is not being listened to) If I use startx, X
> starts up but the window manager (TWM) crashes with a segv at the least
> provocation (usually exiting some client is what causes this) The X
> server itself crashes if I try to launch some remote clients (XV for
> example).

I have a 2100 running 1.3 -- X seems fine, but twm segfaults regularly.
Running twm remotely, even Navigator is happy.  XV works too.

Is there a newer version of the pmax X package out there somewhere?  Not
being able to run twm locally really does bite.  :)

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
  agrier@reed.edu |  agrier@metro.grumblesmurf.net  | ...!reed!vla!agrier
  DECBEE65 0DEE3A0C 1ED7F54D 9E023CC4 and 0x0663D1A9 at a server near you.