Subject: Re: Serial console FAQ?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@honors.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/29/1998 13:34:58
Thanks to all the people who replied to me; I got it working by using a
null modem cable.  (DOH!)

I saw something on one of the web pages about making a list of which PROM
models can do tftp/mop booting, so here's my little contribution:

My 5000/240 says "KN03-AA V5.1b" when it boots up.
It can't boot via MOP *or* TFTP; in both cases, I get what looks an awful
lot like a crash.  TFTP crashes as soon as I try it, and MOP crashes as
soon as it starts downloading the kernel.

Chris

Chris Jones                                      cjones@rupert.oscs.montana.edu
           Mad scientist in training...