Subject: Serial console FAQ?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@honors.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/29/1998 11:26:27
I know this issue has been addressed multiple times before, but I don't
seem to be able to find quite the right discussion of it in the archives.
Is there a FAQ on setting up a serial console?

If not, here's my question:  I've got a 5000/240, and I want it to do that
serial console thing, since it says it doesn't support the built-in
console.  I've got it hooked up via serial to kermit on the NetBSD/i386
machine next to it, 9600, 7N1.  But I don't ever see anything on kermit.
I've removed the PMAG-E card and unplugged the keyboard/mouse assembly.
Still no dice.  Do I plug into the serial port labeled "3" or the one
labeled "2"?

Any help appreciated.

Chris

Chris Jones                                      cjones@rupert.oscs.montana.edu