Subject: pmax base and comp sets 1.3 updated with correct telnet
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/26/1998 15:25:07
``Oops''. It seems that the `make distribution' I did out of paranioa
when I returned from vacation, immediately before creating the 1.3
sets, accidentally included slightly old `domestic' versions of telnet
and telnetd (i.e., linked against krb4 crypto libraries and a
kerberized libtelnet.)

I've double-checked and the crypto code itself wasn't in the 1.3 sets,
so there's no export violation, but telnet and telnetd were broken,
because they referred to the Kerberos libraries which aren't present
in the base set. (It doesn't look like anything else was mangled.)

I've re-installed the telnet binaries and any other binaries that
could possibly have gotten the `domestic' version, rebuilt the
distribution sets, and recomputed the checksums.  The updated files
are now on  If there's sufficicient demand I could put
just the changed files up for FTP somewhere, but the saftest tihng is
to reinstall base.tgz and comp.tgz using either sysinst, or an
explicit tar command like (cd /; tar --ulink -xpzf <set>).

Sigh.  Very sorry about this. If I'd just built the sets when I got
back, everything would've been OK.