Subject: Re: unhappy decstation 5000/240
To: None <adamo@dbnet.ece.ntua.gr>
From: MCS/Alexandre Lamotte <lamotte@minotauro.digital.com.br>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/26/1998 15:03:10
Yiorgos Adamopoulos wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 26, 1998 at 01:23:29PM -0200, MCS/Alexandre Lamotte wrote:
> >         I'm not sure, I have to certify in my files, but you may not
> > mix different types of memory .
> >    Let me check before  throw away your machine.
>
> If you have a look at www.kingston.com under the section of memory banks for
> decstations, you will see the possible combinations (at least, last time I
> checked ;-)
>
> -Yiorgos.

    Hi all,

     From The page 1-13, second paragraph of " DECstation 5000 model 240
    maintenance guide" :

   "... The base system module has 15 memory module connectors.
    The following memory module types are supported:

      . 8-megabyte SIMM (MS02-AA)
      . 32-megabyte SIMM (MS02-CA)
      . 1-megabyte NVRAM module (54-20948-01)

    All SIMMs intalled in a system must (!) contain the same amount of
memory.
   Do not mix 8-megabytes and 32-megabytes SIMMs in a single system (
!!!).
   The SIMMs must be installed starting with memory slot 0, nearest the
back
   of the system. Console mode requires one SIMM installed in the base
system.
   .... "

     Good luck.  :)

  Alexandre LaMotte - Digital Equipment Corp
                      MCS/Brazil