Subject: RRD40 caddies
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Burren <davidb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/23/1998 09:56:13
In <199801212153.IAA07636@balrog.supp.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au> I wrote:

> The RRD40 has a Philips mechanism.  Older HP CD drives used the same
> mechanism, so if you can't find a DEC site with a spare caddy, you may
> have joy with an HP site.

Yesterday I happened to find a site with a large stash of these
caddies.  It was pure chance - I was visiting to go out go-karting with
some folks from there and the first thing I saw sitting beside one of
the desks was a pile of old hardware including an RRD40.  Some of the
caddies were even in their original shrinkwrap (with HP "InfoROM" CDs
inside).

The site's in Melbourne, Australia.  If you're getting desperate for
them, drop me a line and I'll put you in touch with the sysadmin out
there.  They should be fairly cheap to ship out.
__
David Burren
davidb@telstra.com.au