Subject: Re: Bootable CD-rom survey [was Re: Problems booting new 1.3 kernel]
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: MCS/Alexandre Lamotte <lamotte@minotauro.digital.com.br>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/21/1998 19:21:26
Ted Lemon wrote:

> > I have a RRD40 and that drive should be able to boot my /200 I guess. But
> > I haven't got a caddy for it, if there should be a caddy on the RRD40. I
> > don't see an eject button on the drive... How does it work?
>
> Yes, it takes a caddy.   You should be able to get one at your local
> computer store - they'er standard items.
>
>                                _MelloN_

    I think you won't be able to find such a "prehistoric" piece.
The DEC part number for it is : 29-27338-01. You can try the DEC office
near to you .
   I have one in my desk but you have to come to Brazil to pick it up.
:)

    The RRD40  driver don't have  any control buttom  on it. All you
have to do is insert the caddy with the disc inside, then the external
coverture of the caddy will be released . For dismounting, just insert
the coverture and it will be released with the disc inside.

  Good luck !! ( You will need !!! )