Subject: Re: Problems booting new 1.3 kernel
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Huw Davies <H.Davies@latrobe.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/21/1998 15:07:31
At 04:08 PM 1/20/98 -0800, Jonathan Stone wrote:

>I still don't understand what's "not working" about the current thing
>but which would be fixed by having the identical same stuff on a
>CD-rom, but that would be installed the same way as the current thing.
>
>If someone can help explain that, it might make things easier for *everyone*.

Well, I might have got it wrong but won't this allow me to install NetBSD
onto my 5000/240 using only a CD drive which I'll borrow from work and a
1Gb disk I have lying around without needing a helper machine or a network
connection?

 Huw Davies                      | e-mail: Huw.Davies@latrobe.edu.au
 Information Technology Services | Phone: +61 3 9479 1550  Fax: +61 3 9479
1999
 La Trobe University             | "My Alfas keep me poor in a monetary
 Melbourne Australia 3083        | sense, but rich in so many other ways"