Subject: Re: Problems booting new 1.3 kernel
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/20/1998 15:20:20
 Huw Davies <H.Davies@latrobe.edu.au> writes:
>At 11:17 AM 1/13/98 -0800, Ted Lemon wrote:

>>I'm already up and running, but given the trouble people have getting
>>NetBSD to install, I'm quite sure there would be a lot of people who'd
>>like a copy of your proposed CD.

>I'd certainly take one if it was available. Even better, if there was some
>way of downloading the disk image I could burn a CD locally and would be
>quite happy to make copies for any other Australian users....

This sounds like a great idea.  However, I wonder how many pmax users
have CD-ROM drives that use (or can be frobbed to use) 512-byte blocks.

AFAIK (and Ted may know more than I do), pmaxes can *use* standard
2048-byte block CD-roms, but they can only boot off drives that use
512-byte blocks.

Without such a drive, you're still stuck getting some usable boot
media.  Who out there (MAXINE owners aside) has a floppy drive on
their DECstation?