Subject: Network slowness
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adam Fritzler <afritz@iname.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/11/1998 11:58:42
I'm finished moving over to NetBSD, but am having problems with the networking.

Sometimes, my DS5k/25 will respond quickly to incoming network connections,
but other times, it will open the connection and just sit there: sending no
data at all!  It doesn't seem to be a problem with just inetd daemons either
-- the NCSA httpd daemons started in standalone mode do it too!
Telnets/rlogins that connect with no login for up 5mins, dead or stalled
http connections, ftp connects with no login, etc.  What's wrong?  This
thing won't make too good of a web server doing that!  I'm using a DS5000/25
(if le0) and the /netbsd kernel from the 1.3BETA miniroot (dled it thursday).

Thanks,
Adam
(  Adam Fritzler   afritz@iname.com                            )
	           http://afritz.base.org/