Subject: kernel compile..
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <jorgen.pehrson@seinf.mail.abb.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/06/1998 00:57:20
Hi,
I've been trying to compile 1.3_beta on my 5000/200.
But when I do a "config KRISTALL" it says this:

(the KRISTALL file looks just like the DS5000_200 file with
just the "config" line changed to my setup.

#pwd
/usr/src/sys/arch/pmax/conf
#config KRISTALL
KRISTALL:71: syntax error
KRISTALL has no configurations!
*** Stop.

My config line in the KRISTALL file looks like this:

config netbsd root on rz2a swap on rz2b

If I remove everything after rz2a so the line looks like this:

config netbsd root on rz2a

then it builds the compile directory and I can build the kernel.

But I can't boot the new kernel (after copying it to / and renaming it
to netbsd.new) 'cause it says this:

>> boot 5/rz2a/netbsd.new
Boot: 5/rz2a/netbsd.new
5/rz2a/netbsd.new: bad magic 464c457f
Can't boot '5/rz2a/netbsd.new'

Anyone have a clue where I went wrong and what I can do?

Thanks!

Jorgen Pehrson