Subject: Re: incrorect URL in INSTALL
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@aros.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/23/1997 01:40:14
In message <199712230759.XAA14043@Kowhai.Stanford.EDU>, Jonathan Stone writes:

>>I noticed a few other typos while skimming through-- who wants
>>to fix them? :)
>
>Please send context diffs *now*, or it'll be too late.

I have a nagging feeling that I missed one that I found before, but
here's what was immediately apparent:

--- snip ---

*** INSTALL.orig        Tue Dec 23 01:21:33 1997
--- INSTALL     Tue Dec 23 01:31:20 1997
***************
*** 903,911 ****

  You should familiarize yourself with the console PROM environment
  and the hardware configuration. The PROMs on the older Decstation
! 2100 and 3100 one syntax. The PROMs on the TurboChannel machines
  use a completely different syntax.  Be sure you know how to print
! the configuration of your machine, and how boot from disk or
  network, as appropriate.

  On the 2100/3100, that's
--- 903,911 ----

  You should familiarize yourself with the console PROM environment
  and the hardware configuration. The PROMs on the older Decstation
! 2100 and 3100 use one syntax. The PROMs on the TurboChannel machines
  use a completely different syntax.  Be sure you know how to print
! the configuration of your machine, and how to boot from disk or
  network, as appropriate.

  On the 2100/3100, that's
***************
*** 973,986 ****
  document on the NetBSD/pmax web page, at http://www.netbsd.org/ports/pmax.
  It has not been possible to reproduce the pmax installation Web page
  in fixed-font hardcopy format for the 1.3_BETA release.  You must either visit
! the URL above, or request a rendered version (e.g, PostScript).

  Please follow the instructions at

      http://www.netbsd.org/ports/pmax/pmax-install.html,

! now,and return to this document when you used those instructions
! to  install a miniroot, label a disk, and extract the NetBSD/pmax 1.3_BETA
  installation tar sets.

--- 973,986 ----
  document on the NetBSD/pmax web page, at http://www.netbsd.org/ports/pmax.
  It has not been possible to reproduce the pmax installation Web page
  in fixed-font hardcopy format for the 1.3_BETA release.  You must either visit
! the URL above, or request a rendered version (e.g., PostScript).

  Please follow the instructions at

      http://www.netbsd.org/ports/pmax/pmax-install.html,

! now, and return to this document when you used those instructions
! to install a miniroot, label a disk, and extract the NetBSD/pmax 1.3_BETA
  installation tar sets.

--- snip ---

There's also a reference to sysint arguments for the ALPHA release
that should probably be removed.