Subject: NetBSD/pmax Decisions...
To: Adam Fritzler <afritz@iname.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/11/1997 20:56:25
>My question is:  is this a good time to dump Ultrix and go to something a
>little more modern (ie, NetBSD)?  It seems like quite a good time to me.

I'd say so :)

>When is/was NetBSD/pmax 1.3 released?  Is it stable enough on these
>machines to be used as an Ultrix-replacement (NFS,DNS,httpd server)?  Is
>there a working X11 server yet (on the motherboard maxine framebuffer)?

The most recent release date is December 19.  The pmax port is
eminently stable enough for the uses you describe.  The PMAG-DV video
is supported by the server shipped with 1.3_BETA. (There's a README
describing how to work around compressed fonts.)

I'd say an unqualified ``yes'', but you should probably ask other
people too.