Subject: Can DS5000/125 be used as a CD-ROM burner ?
To: 'Pmax' <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Armistead, Jason <ARMISTEJ@oeca.otis.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/09/1997 22:08:00
Hi again all

I'm still battling with Majordomo to be subscribed to the list (keeps
telling me to reply with my authorisation data but then doesn't tell me
I'm subscribed, or send me any messages......anyone know how to overcome
this ???)

Anyhow, that aside, can anyone tell me if they've been able to use the
DS5000/125 as a CD-ROM writer, and if so, what CD-R drive and software
have they been using ?  It's a toss-up between a PC running Win95/Linux,
and a DS5000/125 running NetBSD.  Since I have 4 "idle" DECstations, I'd
prefer to use those if they are suitable, and keep the PC for other
things.  Even at single-speed writing,  that would be OK.  I'd just need
to configure Samba as a LAN Manager service on the NetBSD to transfer
the files from the PC (or just use good-old FTP).

Please reply directly till I get this #@$@#$ MajorDomo worked out.