Subject: Re: Some (potentially stupid) questions.
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@pencil-box.village.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/01/1997 12:40:39
In message <199711280310.TAA27901@andare.fugue.com> Ted Lemon writes:
: I don't know if I'd use the term ``stupid'', but ``overly optimistic''
: sounds believable... :')   AFAIK there has never been a version of
: NetScape for NetBSD/pmax or RISC Ultrix, so you're probably SOL.

I think the closest that I've seen is netscape for sgi.  You'd need an
sgi sys call emulation layer in the kernel, and multiple byte gender
support as well.  I think that even then you may need an R4xxx based
machine to even think about doing this (unless you can trap illegal
instructions on R[23]000 systems well enough to emulate the R4xxx
instructions.

Or the short answer: you are SOL :-)

Warner