Subject: re: SFB cards (was Re: NetBSD 1.3Alpha Install Woes...)
To: None <davidb@dinah.melb.arcsystems.com.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/30/1997 17:40:48
[[much info on SFB snipped]]

>Getting hold of some oscillators at appropriate speeds and experimenting
>to find out which ones work with the PMAGB-B could be an interesting task.
>
>I don't have time to do this, but if anyone wants to take it on I will
>offer one PMAGB-B card as a reserve (just in case you're nervous about
>blowing up your only PMAGB-B...).

Yes, it would. Software also needs some way to figure out the
resulting pixel dimensions of the screen, too.  That's why the
original poster is losing: the SFB hardware is capable of doing the
Right Thing for the VR290/299 monitor, but the NetBSD kernel doesn't
know that and isn't handling it properly.

If anyone comes across an SFB for sale, I'm definitely in the market...