Subject: Re: sysinst ??
To: Yiorgos Adamopoulos <adamo@dblab.ece.ntua.gr>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/30/1997 17:30:26
On Sun, 30 Nov 1997 23:33:31 +0200 (EET)
 Yiorgos Adamopoulos <adamo@dblab.ece.ntua.gr> writes:

>I just mirrored the current distribution at a local disk here.  Reading
>snapshot/README and after dd'ing the image to the rz25 spare disk I did as the
>README says:
>
>"then when you get a standalone root prompt, set your terminal type
>         set TERM=pmax; export TERM;

>But sysinst is nowhere.  I was unsubscribed for sometime, therefore I may have
>lost episodes- sorry for the dumbness.

Hi,

sysinst is in /sbin  in the 1.3_ALPHA and 1.3_BETA snapshots.
Its on the 1.3_BETA diskimage as:

    456 -rwxrwxr-x  1 jonathan  40  452871 Nov 27 03:52 /mnt/sbin/sysinst

(hm, looks like my script goofed the permissions.)
Is there any chance you got an old  distribution?

There's also a a sysinst binary in the installation/misc/ directory,
for anyone who wants to drop in a 1.3 kernel and try running sysinst
``by hand'' before committing to dd'ing a diskimage.