Subject: Re: more ldconfig hassles
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/20/1997 21:56:51
----------
> From: Gregory McGarry <
>
> Did any of the ld.so/ldconfig/ldd stuff get resolved?  Getting shared
> libraries to work anywhere other than /usr/lib or /usr/X11R6/lib is very
> unreliable.

Hi Greg ...

i tried it for a long time now, an get my Software form Ultrix to run. For
normal operation it was enough for me to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable
to get my shareable libraries to work. My only problem was to start an
remote frame buffer in inetd.conf. for this i needed to copy the libraries
to /usr/lib. BTW what is the difference in setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
ld.so.conf ?

cheers,
emanuel

P.S. Thanks Jonathan, for the pointer tp lib.mk.bsd ....