Subject: Re: cats [on keyboards]
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/19/1997 18:37:50
Toru Nishimura writes:

        [ entropy wants to have cat-proof DDB ]

>> My idea is to remove all the DO key checks and Debugger() calls from
>> the serial drivers, and relocate those bits into lk201.c.  Is there
>> any reason I shouldn't do this?  Does anyone have any better ideas?

>So, will it work with DO key on Personal DECstation keyboard?  Mine has
>LK501-AJ (japanese variant), and doesn't respond to DO key.

You know, I expect that's because dtop.c does not have the relevant
code fragment to check for a DO key jump into the debugger when it
sees one.  Not the japanese keybaord at all Time for a PR.

I doubt i will find time to fix this myself before the release, but if
you come up with a good fix, I'll commit it and ask for a pullup.

``can not get into kernel debugger, no workaround'' sounds pretty
critical to me :) :).

It might be cleaner to move the check into the LK-201 [sic]
keycode-to-ASCII state machine and be done with it, as maximum entropy
suggests.  I think that will have to wait for after 1.3.