Subject: re: diskimage install & Ultrix
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/19/1997 15:44:42
>All the install instructions with _ALPHA basically are
>
>disklabel -W the/drive
>gunzip -c the_image| dd of=/the/drive bs=10240
>
>What do I do under ULTRIX as the equivelant of the disklabel -W command
>(which is basically just unlocking the boot sectors)?

hi Bill,

Ultrix doesn't write-protect the chpt info.

I think that just dd'ing the diskimage onto the raw device works.  At
least, it did back when I first bootstrapped a native bootblock....

If you do have time to try the NOTES method of
       a) putting ecoff NetBSD kerenl into ultrix root
       b) dd'ing the diskimage into ultrix swap,

it would be very nice to hear confirmation that it works.