Subject: None
To: None <ARMISTEJ@oeca.otis.com>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/18/1997 23:28:58
>From: "Armistead, Jason" <ARMISTEJ@oeca.otis.com>
>[...]
>NetBSD 1.2G (GENERIC) #19: Sat Aug 30 01:09:13 PDT 1997
>[...]
>PS: I've already decided, based on first impressions, that if there is
>one thing that will keep people off NetBSD, it *HAS* to be the
>incredibly lacking installation documentation.  Is there a "Definitive"
>guide somewhere that I've missed ?

Most of your problems are due to the fact that you grabbed an old
distribution.  The correct pmax files for your installation are in
/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3_ALPHA/pmax.  There is also some updated
documentation there.  You may want to wait a few days though, because
we're in the middle of putting together a release and some of the
documentation is wrong or out of date.  This is being corrected as we
speak.

Watch this space for details...