Subject: Re: xfs yet again...
To: None <osymh@terra.oscs.montana.edu>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/17/1997 01:50:16
>From: osymh@terra.oscs.montana.edu (Michael L. Hitch)
>
>[...]
>  The current Xcfbpmax uses info->max_x directly, which makes it work
>on all the color display, but will break the mfb.
>
>  Since the real framebuffer width isn't directly available to the X server,
>the only way I can see to fix it would be to just force the framebuffer width
>to be 2048 if the depth is 1.

One small complication to that -- the mfb's depth (as far as laying
out pixels on the screen is concerned) is 8, not 1.  That might make
it difficult to distinguish from color framebuffers.

I'm willing to test anything you can compile, or work on it myself if
you can point me to a source tree.

Cheers,
entropy