Subject: Re: xfs yet again...
To: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/16/1997 02:28:43
>Well, I reinstalled X on my 5000/120@33, and I'm getting the same
>behavior there as on the 2100.

I am stumped.

>Additionally, it looks like Xcfbpmax and/or mfb.c are out of whack
>again.  I had to lie in mfb.c by setting fi->fi_type.fi_width to 2048
>to get a usable X display on this machine.  (That has the unhealthy
>side effect of making almost half the X display invisible, but at
>least the visible part is sort of usable.)

Uh, oh. It works okay for me on a cfb.  I seem to remember you have a
machine with an MFB; is this it?  has an MFB in it.  The raster lines
in an MFB are indeed 2048 bytes apart in memory.  I'm guessing
that's the problem.   If it is an MFB, which Xserver are you using?

I think your fix is going to cause xdpyinfo to show the screen
as being 2048x1024, which is wrong; it should be 1280x1024.

Michael?  Does that sound right to you?