Subject: Re: xfs yet again...
To: None <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/16/1997 05:14:03
>From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
>
>I'm using a 5000/150 system where I re-installed, using sysinst to
>install onto the current root.  I did that install before I added xdm
>and xfs to rc and rc.conf. I copied /etc/rc.conf and /etc/rc from the
>latest source tree into /etc, and edited rc.conf to turn on xfs and
>xdm.

Well, I reinstalled X on my 5000/120@33, and I'm getting the same
behavior there as on the 2100.

Additionally, it looks like Xcfbpmax and/or mfb.c are out of whack
again.  I had to lie in mfb.c by setting fi->fi_type.fi_width to 2048
to get a usable X display on this machine.  (That has the unhealthy
side effect of making almost half the X display invisible, but at
least the visible part is sort of usable.)

Cheers,
entropy