Subject: Re: Still no rz1...
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/14/1997 08:40:49
On Nov 14,  8:37pm, Simon Burge wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 1997 03:56:08 -0500 (EST)  "Jeffrey D. McMahill" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to upgrade my DS3100 from 1.2G to 1.3_ALPHA, but my
> > root disk (rz1) is no longer recognized by the kernel.
> > However, using the latest 1.3_ALPHA kernel (1392442 Nov 13 04:58 netbsd.aout),
> > rz0 is still recognized, but rz1 no longer shows up.
> Michael, anything you changed recently with the sii stuff that could have
> affected this?

  The sii driver hasn't been touched since August 27.

  Jonathan has made a number of changes to rz.c that might have affected the
device probing.  I'll have to take a look at what was actually changed and
see if there was anything that might change how the device probes are done.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant