Subject: Re: Query: 3100 graphics-console cursor patch and X11?
To: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/14/1997 03:38:28
Maximum entropy writes:

>>From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
>>
>>Can  someone confirm that the cursor fix works properly
>
>First an unrelated problem:  if I start xfs automatically (xfs=YES
>/etc/rc.conf), the system freezes when I start X.  If I start xfs
>manually (xfs &) right before starting X, it works just fine.

Hi,

Is this still a problem? I tried config'ing
xfs=YES
xdm=YES

on a 5000/150 and  booted it. It worked fine for me.

If you still have this problem, I'll tryhave to nuking all of X11,
re-install, and see if I can duplicate it.  Im starting to run out of
machines to duplicate problems, though.

PS: Did  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fs/fs-errors file have anything useful?