Subject: Re: ISDN & audio port
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/14/1997 12:52:43
simonb@telstra.com.au writes:

> ps - does anyone know the wiring for a ISDN Maxine port to "do" sound?
> (what exactly is it anyway?)
>>
>> I have pin assignment diagram.  If you want to know I'll send it.
>>>
>>> Toru, could you also send a copy to either me or the list?  This is
>>> another thing I'll add to the FAQ.

Sure.  I happen to have three different hardware reference guides; for
Personal DECstation, DEC3000/300 (same chasis as maxine), DEC3000/600
(large desktop).  All of them have audio port and ISDN port.  Pin
assignment descriptions are consistent each other.

ISDN port	lead side up
	 	8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

	1	Not used
	2	Not used
	3	Line out, active low
	4	Line in
	5	Line in, active low
	6	Line out
	7	Not used
	8	Not used

Audio port	lead side up
		4 3 2 1

	1	Audio in A
	2	Earphone interface 1 (audio out)
	3	Earphone interface 2 (audio out return)
	4	Audio input B (ground)

There is a description as "This port is pin-compatible with a telephone
headset."    U-m, it seems to accept conventional headset attachments
for conventional phones.  Make senses, natually....

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Insitute of Science and Technology