Subject: Removal drives with 1.3_ALPHA
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/14/1997 12:02:30
jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU writes:

> I'm still interested in feedback on Jaz, Zip, or other removable or
> magneto-optical media.  I think it's pretty solid, but I have no idea
> about MO media.

I tried IOMEGA Bernoulli 150MB drive with my maxine, and got a bad
news.  The kernel failed to boot off with the drive connected.  The
symptom is the same as I tried the IOMEGA long time ago, and the kernel
just halts during SCSI probing w/o any info.  The boot message is
as follows.  Bernoulli drive's SCSI# is 3.

--
NetBSD 1.3_ALPHA (INSTALL) #1: Sat Nov  8 23:58:56 PST 1997
    jonathan@Reno.DSG.Stanford.EDU:/reno/compile/INSTALL

rz2: 406MB, 1476 cyl, 9 head, 62 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 832527 sectors
halted.
--

It's known that some of (all?) IOMEGA removal drives reports obscure
messages for SCSI inquries.  I saw such warning boot messages for

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology