Subject: Re: Problems with 1.3alpha
To: None <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/13/1997 23:31:25
>From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
>
>   "emanuel stiebler" <emu@ecubics.com> writes:
>
>>1. got the diskimage via FTP (today, 13.Nov), diskdumped it on the rz1.
>>
>>2. boot of rz1.
>>   set TERM to pmax
>>   try "sysinst -r "" ". I got only a Segmentation fault.
>
>Eek. that is a bug. Did you do
>	TERM=pmax; export TERM

I don't *think* that's the problem.  The sysinst in today's diskimage
is fine, if you havn't set TERM it reports that and exits gracefully.

Emanuel: are you *positive* you grabbed the right diskimage?  The one
in pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/snapshot is out of date (and I got a segfault,
with or without TERM set, using sysint from that diskimage).  The one
in pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3_ALPHA/pmax worked OK for me.

Cheers,
entropy