Subject: Re: Query: 3100 graphics-console cursor patch and X11?
To: None <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/13/1997 21:42:38
>From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
>
>Can  someone confirm that the cursor fix works properly

First an unrelated problem:  if I start xfs automatically (xfs=YES
/etc/rc.conf), the system freezes when I start X.  If I start xfs
manually (xfs &) right before starting X, it works just fine.

>	a) when X11 is started -- the Xserver gets to show a cursor

Works fine.

>	b) after X11 exits

When I quit X, I'm left with an X "X" cursor in the upper left-hand
corner of the screen.  I'd guess that whatever was done about the
"white blob" on system startup needs to be done when X exits, too.

This is with this morning's kernel as installed by sysinst.

Cheers,
entropy