Subject: 1.3alpha MO-Drives
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/13/1997 14:53:13
Hi all,

I tried to use my Fujitsu MO-Drive on my Decststion 5000/133
.
The Drive is a M2513A. it can use 230, 512 and 640 MByte Magneto Optical
disks.
Because i have big problems to edit a right disklabel for the disks, i
tried to use sysinst for this.

THIS WORKS for the 230 MByte disks. I got many warnings and errors, but i
could use it after sysinst
wrote a new filesystem on it. I "told" sysinst to make a configuration like
partition a 0 bytes, partition b 0 bytes, partition c whole disk and
partition d whole disk. sysinst made a new filesystem on d.

with df i got something about 217 free MBytes, it is ok.

Sounds like the automatic sensing of SCSI-2 devices is ok.

But ...

the problems are with the 640 MByte cartriges. I got all funny .... kernel
panics..... ??

i think it is because the cartriges are hardformatted to 2048bytes/sector.

anyway, I'm happy for the moment with the 230 MByte Disks, so i can make
backups ...

thanks all,

emanuel

P.S. I have no 512 MByte Cartriges here so i could'nt test it. (They have
512byte/sector)