Subject: Re: Suggested pmax disks?
To: Paul Evans <paule@shadowfax.martex.gen.oh.us>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/13/1997 05:55:37
>  Paul Evans <paule@shadowfax.martex.gen.oh.us> writes:
>> Pleae get the latest 1.3_ALPHA and try it out.  It works fine on some
>> old full-height Fujitsu drives here. Should be fine.

>Do you mean "some" as in not all, or as in all we've tried? (no offense)

Some, asin in all we've tried.  Including CD-roms and several old
(pre-scsi-2) disks.  (None taken.)

There was a problem with the 3100 driver, due to me missing a line in
a recent change to sense geometry; that's fixed and sysinst should
build sane labels for most disks.

I'm still interested in feedback on Jaz, Zip, or other removable or
magneto-optical media.  I think it's pretty solid, but I have no idea
about MO media.