Subject: Re: updated diskimage.gz, diskimage.tar.gz, {etc,xserver}.tar.gz,
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/13/1997 10:53:19
Hi.

I've tried sysinst last night.  It's cool...

What I tried is the "previous" diskimage.tar.gz dated around 11/10 because
our mirror site didn't complete 11/12 version.

I encountered several issues.  sysinst seems to create /kern entry in
/etc/fstab, but there is not /kern directory.  I'm uncertain what's
the purpose of /usrbin directory, whose contents are a duplication of
/usr.install/bin.

If the most recent diskimage.tar.gz has different things, please
neglect this message.

>> I updated the following files in the NetBSD-1.3_ALPHA/pmax
>> directory on the ftp server:
>>
>> diskimage.gz:	    has new sysinst with an interim fix for 80x24
>> diskimage.tar.gz:   has new sysinst with an interim fix for 80x24
>> etc.tar.gz:	    has  /etc/rc and /etc/rc.conf updated for xfs,xdm
>> xserver.tar.gz:	    has a README.pmax explaining font problems,
>> 			how to set up xfs,
>> 			and how to start an X11R5 Xserver to use Xfs rather
>> 			than local font files.
>>
>> If anyone finds more problems with it, pleawe email them to the list.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology