Subject: Another new diskimage, etc.tar.gz, xservers.tar.gz; snapshot soon
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/12/1997 22:58:01
I just updated the following files on ftp.netbsd.org
in ~ftp/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3_ALPHA/pmax:

	diskimage.gz
	diskimage.tar.gz
	binary/etc.tar.gz
	binary/xserver.tar.gz

This fixes the missing /dev/mouse (for real, finally), in both the
diskimage files and in the MAKEDEV in etc.tar.gz.

It includes Michael Hitch' fix for the 2100/3100 scsi problem.
Michael's fix finds correct geometry info on several older, pre-SCSI-2
disks on TC DEcstations, too.

It includes a version of the 2100/3100 graphics-console cursor fix,
which I hope someone will try out with X11.

And it includes Michael's rebuilt Xmfbpmax, which gives a proper
warning when it can't find a framebuffer and mouse/keyboard at /dev/mouse.

I still haven't tracked down the mising font problem. Using just
the local xfs worked for me on a 5000/25 and a 5000/150.

Enjoy. (I hope).

I also hope to have a rebuilt user-land from today's sup sources
sometime before the weekend.