Subject: Re: Query: 3100 graphics-console cursor patch and X11?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/12/1997 21:21:04
On Nov 12,  7:42pm, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Can  someone confirm that the cursor fix works properly
> 	a) when X11 is started -- the Xserver gets to show a cursor
> 	b) after X11 exits

  I was working on trying to test this, but got sidetracked with kernels
hanging right after starting for some reason, and then having the current
kernel hang trying to get the drive geometry.  Now that I can finally
boot a current kernel, I can try checking the cursor fix.  I won't be
able to get to that until tomorrow though.

> To Thorsten, or anyone else with a 3100 mfb:  you can always try doing
>
> 	ln -s /dev/fb0 /dev/pm
> 	ln -s /dev/fb0 /dev/pm0
>
> until a  rebuilt Xmfbpmax is available.

  I'm not sure I understand this - Xmfbpmax doesn't do anyting with /dev/pm.
It attempts to open /dev/mouse, but if the open fails, the error message
complains about being unable to open pm.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant