Subject: Re: assembler warnings with 1.3_ALPHA
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/11/1997 19:08:40
On: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 10:47:48 +1100,
  Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au> writes:

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997 21:59:36 +0100 (MET)  Thorsten Frueauf wrote:

>> I also see a small "white" (its the mono framebuffer of the DS3100) square
>> in the middle of the console - it appears when booting a kernel, and disappears
>> when halting the system - is there some kind of bug in the code or is this a
>> hardware problem?

>Just a hunch, but it sorta sounds like a cursor.  I didn't think the
>3100's had a hardware cursor though...

It's a bug in handling the hardware cursor.  There's an open PR on
this.  Ted Lemon's raster-console changes correctly code turned off
the cursor before stealing the graphics display away from the
PROM. THe rcons code doesn't.  I haven't had time to even turn on a
3100 and start looking.

If someone wanted to look at this and suggest a fix to pm.c, that
would be really really neat.