Subject: X-windows again.
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: User ZOMBIE <zombie@il.fontys.nl>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/11/1997 16:14:56
Hi. Some more...

The changes to the fontserver didn't help. The servers exits with the error:

failed to set default font path '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc,/usr/X11R6/lib/X
11/fonts/Speedo/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi
/'
Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

As for sysinst, because I had to use a hybrid installation (1.3 didn't
netboot correctly) I've had some trouble using it. I tried to install
13alpha with sysinst to a second harddrive I temporarily added to the
DECstation. I ran from the station on it's 1.3 kernel, but I encountered
trouble all along the path.

1:	sysinst didn't disklabel the second harddisk correctly.
	(actually the label was correctly written, but when it tried to
	newfs rz2d, the /usr partition, newfs freaked out)

This marked the end of the attempt to install a new BSD on the second disk.
I then untarred the base and etc with a copy of the fstab to the second disk
(manually re-labeled) and told sysinst to upgrade.

2:	The upgrade went a little further. It got busy on the disk,
	switching from time to space saving along the way, but the program
	cored when it reached the package-selection menu.

Feedback please. Why is X producing errors it shouldn't? Why does it only
complain about the font-path when the misc and 75dpi fontsdirectories are
included (with only Speedo it only reports a Fatal error because it can't
FIND 'fixed', as opposed to the usual three lines of about errors setting
the default path)?

Thanks a million.

 ______
|___   |__ _  _ __ _ ___	HomePage: (down for major repairs)
   /  /   | \/ |  | | __|		http://www.il.fontys.nl/~zombie
|______|__|_||_|__|_|\__|		zombie@charm.il.fontys.nl
					mb470@hi.fontys.nl
Treasurer and BOFH of IGV InterLink; Supreme Commander of FCG.

#define QUESTION ((2b || !2b)) -- Shakespeare in C