Subject: Re: ddb broken?
To: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/10/1997 14:51:51
On Nov  9,  7:53pm, maximum entropy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried the following:
>
> ubik# uname -a
> NetBSD ubik.bernstein.com 1.3_ALPHA NetBSD 1.3_ALPHA (UBIK) #0: Sun Nov  9 08:39:13 EST 1997     entropy@ubik.bernstein.com:/usr/src/sys/arch/pmax/compile/UBIK
> ubik# [hit DO key to enter DDB]
> ddb> break elf32_load_file
> ddb> cont
> After the continue, the machine locks up solid.  Even the halt key
> doesn't work, I need to power cycle the machine.

  Hmmm - I just tried this on my 5000/50, and the 'cont' didn't lock it up.
I did a few things and finally got the breakpoint.  Trying to 'cont' from
that breakpoint didn't do so well though.  It immediately came back with
the same breakpoint, and continuing from that resulted in a kernel trap.
Trying it again, I get the trap the first time trying to continue from the
breakpoint.

  I'd guess that in this case, the single-step process used to execute
the instruction at the breakpoint is not being done correctly.  Looks like
it's time to refresh my knowledge of the MIPS instructions again.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant