Subject: Re: question
To: Jonathan Stone , Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
From: Huw Davies <H.Davies@latrobe.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/07/1997 11:59:11
At 01:09 AM 11/6/97 -0800, Jonathan Stone wrote:

>If you have just a machine with no OS at all, then I don't see how you
>could even expect to install Ultrix, either.  All ULtrix has that
>NetBSD is missing is tape boot (TK-50? ugh, *no* thanks) and CD-rom
>distribution.

OK, this may be a dumb question :-) but I'll ask it anyway. Wouldn't it be
possible to create a bootable CD? With the cost of CD burners dropping
faster than the stock market and the media costing approximately nothing,
it'd be economic for a number of us to create a bootable CD to use just
once. In addition, (provided the demand wasn't too great) it'd be possible
to create CDs for other NetBSD wannabies...

 Huw Davies                      | e-mail: Huw.Davies@latrobe.edu.au
 Information Technology Services | Phone: +61 3 9479 1550  Fax: +61 3 9479
1999
 La Trobe University             | "My Alfas keep me poor in a monetary
 Melbourne Australia 3083        | sense, but rich in so many other ways"