Subject: Re: question
To: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/06/1997 20:04:20
On Wed, 5 Nov 1997 17:23:02 -0500 (EST)  Rob Deker wrote:

> I've been away from the NetBSD mailing lists for a while due to work and I
> was wondering if the install procedure for PMAX has gotten to the point
> where an Ultrix helper is unnecessary? I've got a DS3100 (ok, a BUNCH
> really, but only RAM for one) and would LOVE to put NetBSD on it, but
> I don't have any OS for the DS at all. Is there any hope for me?

People have reported success at using anything with a SCSI bus as a
helper machine.  All you need is something to 'dd' the disk image from,
or I believe the DOS rawrite utility also works.  Scan the list archives
for more info (or look at http://www.flame.org/mlist/netbsd if you don't
have the list handy).

> ANd while we're at it, does anybody have a source for DS3100 RAM?
> danke

I know Kingston sell DEC RAM.  Look for MS01-AA (these are 2MB SIMMs,
and the 3100 takes pairs of them, up to a maximum of 24MB).

Simon.