Subject: ALPHA snapshot status?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/05/1997 18:14:51
Hi all,

Any more news about the 1.3_ALPHA snapshot? I'm hoping to kick out
another one over this coming weekend. If there're any know problems,
please remind me about them before then.  The next ALPHA snapshot
should be at least as solid and reliable as any of the previous
snapshots since 1.2.  If possible, I'd encourage people to try upgrading.

I've also asked for pullups of sysinst onto the release branch.  The
next snapshot will include sysinst in diskimage.gz and diskimage.tar.gz.
The source in tomorrow's (about 6am PST) sup will be updated, too..

I've done a couple of installs and upgrades, but feedback from people
who use sysinst (and who ddin't help write it) would be really great.
Set TERM appropriate, and ``Just run sysinst'' once you get the first
prompt...

The BETA release should have some better documentation on sysinst, but
for now I'd really like early feedback on how it works. Besides, I'd
like to make it close to self-explanatory, at least for people who're
already familiar with BSD sysadmin'ing, disklabels, /etc/fstab, usw.