Subject: Two problems
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@eznet.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/05/1997 11:27:20
I'm having two problems with my system that I can't explain.

1) When there is a lot of TTY output (ie: man page, vi startup) the terminal
   sometimes locks up completely. The only way to get out is to kill the telnet
   session. This seems to happen more often when connecting from an off-site
   host, but also happens when connecting from a on-site machine.

2) The clock is just going nutty. I'm using xntpd, which is synching with
   3 stratum 2 ntp servers, and our primary time server. However, the clock
   is incrementing at an incredible rate. I reset the time 5 minutes ago,
   and it it reports the time as almost an hour ahead of where it should be.
   It appears as though it advances about 5 seconds for every second that
   passes. Is this a hardware problem, a misconfiguration on my part, or a
   bug?

   Any information that will assist in a solution will be gladly provided.

   The machine is:
   DECstation 5000/125
   64 MB RAM
   NetBSD 1.2G (August snapshot)