Subject: [Q] Attach modem to DS3100 for PPP?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Bickford <bickford@jimmy.harvard.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/04/1997 14:01:46
Hey, all. My installation of NetBSD on a DS3100 is coming along fairly well
(it boots in multi-user mode now) but before I go too much further I wanted
to know if anyone had successfully installed a modem on such a beast (and
got it to work with PPP).

What I eventually want to do is run PPP from home, but I need to know what
the pinouts should be and "all that stuff." When I finally take the machine
home, ethernet will not be an option for connecting to the outside world.

As usual, any insights into this problem are greatly appreciated.

Paul.
--
Paul Bickford == SOHC/4 #234 == 1978 CB750F ("Xeno")
http://ecog.dfci.harvard.edu/~bickford/bike.html