Subject: Re: new snapshot: pre 1.3-ALPHA
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/28/1997 09:32:17
Hi, I've installed snapshot set placed in ../arch/pmax/snapshot-1997-10-24,
and encounted X11 trouble.  No shared library seems included in any of
xbase.tar.gz, xcomp.tar.gz and xserver.tar.gz.  So, no X clients can run.
I also noticed /etc/ld.so.conf contains a single line '/usr/X11R6.3/lib',
but new X11R6 set is supposed in /usr/X11R6.  They are inconsistent.

Futhur, I can not figure out distinctions between 'xbase,' 'xcomp' and
'xserver.'  'xbase' is supposed to be 'a set of X clients', but it
does have a bunch of X11 fonts, which are not useful for X clients
themselves.  In this moment 'xserver' has virtunally nothing (it might
be imapproprite to distribute outdated Xserver known to work with
NetBSD/pmax)  Is there any luck around this issue?

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology