Subject: Re: new snapshot: pre 1.3-ALPHA
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/27/1997 12:28:29
>> Will the new '32M-diskimage' prepared with 'vnd' be provided in near
>> feature?
>
> Uh, it was in the snapshot directory already; it's called
> `diskimage.gz', not 32M-diskimage.  I could change the name back if
> you think that would be clearer.

My query was just a careless dash.  The NetBSD mirror site I checked
have not completed most recent mirroring operation.  All I saw were
'*.tar.gz' for filesystems.  Now I'm copying others added later in
ftp.netbsd.org.

> I just replaced it with a diskimage that I've un-gzipped onto
> an RZ25E and verified that the kernel in the diskimage will recpomute
> the disklabel properly.  Unless, that is, I ran into some vnd
> consistency problems on the way.

I will try 'the 3rd way' NetBSD/pmax installation after all 'gz'ed files
get downloaded, and report troubles if I encounter ever.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology