Subject: Re: NetBSD/pmax Installation Instructions
To: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@qut.edu.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/26/1997 15:38:44
On Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:27:04 +1000 (EST),
Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@qut.edu.au> writes:

>Yup.  I'll add the comments I have received.
>
>Thanks to everyone who has responded.  Keep those comments coming in.

It would help me a *lot* if these could be dropped into the NetBSD 1.3
notes for NetBSD/pmax. Unfortunately that puts strong constraints on
how you organize the document.  Basically, it would need to drop into
/usr/src/distrib/notes/pmax/install, and to cover all of

	``install via NFS diskless-boot'
	``install on multi-disk system''
	`install on single-disk system by moving disks to helper system''.

But, even dropping your document in as-is would be better than
what's there.

>Due to the strong encouragement, I think I might have another go at the
>installation script next weekend.  The disklabel hacks were the
>major sore point...

That would be great.  I am working on /usr/src/distrib/utils/sysinst
and I have something that links and runs on a pmax, but it needs
merging with Phil Nelson's changes before it's ready to go into the
tree...  so having workable scripts as an alternative would be wonderful.

I'd like to thank Gregory for the time he's clearly put into this.  It
will obviously help future users, and it's really good to see more
users getting involved and contributing more to NetBSD/pmax.  Thanks!