Subject: Re: new snapshot: pre 1.3-ALPHA
To: None <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/26/1997 05:04:07
>From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
>
>I've put a new snapshot in the usual place on ftp.netbsd.org.
>[...]
>From my perspective, the more people who upgrade to this snapshot (or

I ran into some trouble compiling the latest sources (ld dumping core
and other strange errors) on my 5000, which was running -current from
around July.  So I pulled down this snapshot and installed it.  I
intend to try to rebuild from source again.

I'm under the impression that the "correct" toolchain is
binutils-2.8...but in
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/toolchain I still see only
binutils-2.8.  Could someone with the necessary privileges update this
directory?

On a related note, are there any other utilities used on NetBSD/pmax which are not in the
standard source tree?