Subject: Rodent problem solved
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: KAWPCW <root@mesanet.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/25/1997 21:31:20
   A couple of days ago, I posted a message that I couldn't get the mouse
to work on a 3100 - X11 with the the August snapshot. I have managed to
get the mouse working now by changing the mouse mode to the continuous
reporting mode rather than the polled mode.
 first  I made a device so I could send to the mouse

mknod mse c 16 1

boojumite# ls -l /dev/mse
crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   16,   1 Oct 25 20:37 /dev/mse

then I set the mouse operation mode to continous report mode:

echo R >/dev/mse

The mouse will now work in X11!

Is the the mouse on the 3100 supposed to work in polled mode?

Anyway I'm happy now

Thanks, its nice to have a modern operating system on this old dinosaur!

Peter Wallace