Subject: DS5000 installation story
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/21/1997 23:38:52
>   This is an 'imaginary' disklabel in 32M-diskimage pretending to have
>   such SCSI parameters.

Umm, not quite. Actually, it is the real label from the old Fujitsu
2263 drive where I originally constructed the diskimage.  That was back in the
days before vnd supported disklabel ioctls.

I will fix this to say `diskimage' `installfs' or something before the
1.3 release.  I will also try setting the end of the `C' partition to -1;
the kernel should then fill it in automagically. That will make it
much easier to edit  partition afterward.

Otherwise it looks very good.  In fact, I'd like to put an edited
version of this in the 1.3 documentation and the Web page.

--Jonathan

(``I just don't understand why people say installing  NetBSD/pmax is hard...'')